The number of margarita varieties is almost the same as the forms of tequila, according to experts. One claim is that a man named Carlos Herrera invented the margarita cocktail at his own restaurant situated adjacent to Tijuana in 1938. Another is that Francisco Morales mixed it for the first time at a Juarez-based bar way back in 1942. Anyhow, Los Angeles city is thought to have taken the margarita into an internationally known alcoholic beverage.
On February 22, people in the United States of America honor the drink. So, if you would like to celebrate the special occasion, act as per the following.
How To Create Margarita The Piccalilli Way
The Culver City-based Piccalilli is open to people who want to dine outdoors, but you may make the restaurant’s Midsommar Margarita-like product at home. Here is the recipe for this drink from the GM of Piccalilli, Melissa Lambert.
The Ingredients Needed
- 1 ounce of Pierre Ferrand Dry Curaçao
- 2 ounces of the Espolòn Blanco-branded tequila
- 1 ounce of juice squeezed from fresh limes
- 0.5 ounce of ginger syrup
- 6 Thai Basil leaves
- 1 Kaffir lime leaf
- Make the syrup. For that, peel ginger in fresh form, extract the juice out of it, and use the liquid and simple syrup in a 2:1 ratio.
- Put every component into a cocktail shaker and then fill it with ice.
- Be sure of releasing its aroma by cracking the leaf of the said lime in half.
- Shake it hard for half a minute.
- Cover a rock glass’s rim halfway with salt. Transfer all the things in the shaking tool to that glass, and then decorate it with a thick slice of lime. Piccalilli seasons it slightly more by combining kaffir lime, shredded coconut, salt, and some chili.
We would recommend following these Tanteo Tequila tips to make the special day more interesting. Tanteo Tequila offers a wide range of spirits to pick from, including Blanco tequila, smokey chipotle tequila, and spicy jalapeño tequila. No matter what you pick from Tanteo Tequila, it is sure to impress you.
Derived from 100% agave, every single bottle of Tanteo Tequila has peppers cultivated in Mexico’s Jalisco city as well as higher-proof silver tequila/Blanco. Tanteo Tequila favors the jalapeño variant, so they create their distinctive margarita product with it. Here is the recipe required for that Green Juice Margarita.
- 1 ginger piece with the size of our thumb
- 2 ounces of Tanteo Jalapeño Tequila
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 oranges in juiced form
- 2 Majhūl dates
- 100 grams of raw spinach
- Fresh mint to decorate the product
- Put every component in a food blender. Combine it well, and then transfer the resulting product to an old-fashioned glass full of ice. Use fresh mint to garnish it.
Is this product not as spicy as you would like? If not, the cocktail bar Lanea situated in Santa Monica is introducing the so-called Socaliente Margarita. This product is created with Thai chili, Cazadores Reposado, habanero honey, serrano, citrus, and pineapple.
Until February 28, 2021, Lanea celebrates with their ‘Margarita Flight’ that comes with two of the bar’s staple Margarita cocktails priced at $20. This week-long event is a promotional effort as part of the Margarita Day celebrations.
1800® Tequila and the fruit-flavored soda brand Jarritos® from Mexico have teamed up to create a product that combines the features of both for the special occasion. Those two heritage liquor brands from Mexico with profound cultural origins blend Jarritos® Tamarind soda and 1800 Silver for that special cocktail. To have it, just purchase a 1800 Silver bottle from Instacart, Reservebar or Drizly, as well as the soda Jarritos® Tamarind. Then, mix those two products in Chile de Arbol as well as juice derived from fresh lime, and there you have it. Be sure to serve it with a lime wheel and chile salt rim.
Madre restaurants in Palms, Torrance, and West Hollywood offered their smokey margarita and standard margarita for just $10 from 11:00 am to 9:00 pm on the special occasion. Their standard margarita has tequila reposado, house curacao, lime, and spicy salt as ingredients. On the other hand, their smokey margarita contains Mezcal, the above-mentioned-type lime juice, agave, and homemade chili liqueur. The products were available through takeout or outdoor dining options.
Do you prefer to have the margarita in green form? If yes, consider Water Grill restaurant’s Margarita Verde from Kevin Felker, who is the Beverage Director at King’s Seafood Company.
The Ingredients Required
- 2 ounces of Rancho Alegre Silver Tequila
- 0.75 ounce of cucumber puree
- 1 ounce of the said type of lime juice
- 0.5 ounce of agave syrup
- 1 slice of cucumber for decoration
The Cocktail Making Method
- Mix all the components into a food processor or blender
- Blend with high speed for around 60 seconds or up to the time of smoothening
- Pour the mixture into a container the size of the quart, and then keep it in the refrigerator until required.
Abstaining from liquor does not have to result in stopping the celebrations. Try some distilled botanical products with no alcohol, additive or sugar content from Optimist Drinks. You might love those products, just like many other people. Made and distilled in Los Angeles, every single blend of Optimist Drinks recognizes the influence of our community’s culture and tastes with a complex combination of ingredients attained through mindful sourcing.
Optimist Drinks products are available in Smokey, Fresh, and Bright blends. Do you want a further tequila-forward flavor? If yes, we would suggest Optimist Drinks’ Smokey blend with notes of bittersweet, spice, and bonfire. That non-alcoholic product goes down similar to a smooth type of tequila. The right serve is this: 1 part Smokey to 2 parts sparkling water or tonic over ice, plus decorated with jalapeño, orange peel or pink peppercorns.